Our Terms and Conditions
Here are the legal bits that you need to know if you place an order with HiSOFT for web design services.
- You, Client : The company or individual requesting the services of HiSOFT.
- We, HiSOFT: HiSOFT, including our employees.
- Website: The end result of the work that you ask us to carry out by placing an order with us, including, among other things, the design and/or hosting of your presence on the worldwide web.
- HiSOFT will carry out work on the Website only where an order is provided by email, telephone, mail or fax. An 'order' is deemed to be a written or verbal contract between HiSOFT and you concerning the Website which will include telephone and email agreements.
- Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure that any website we design and any associated scripts or programs are free of errors, HiSOFT cannot accept responsibility for losses incurred due to malfunction of the website.
- The Website and associated graphics and materials remain the property of HiSOFT until all outstanding accounts are paid in full.
- Unless specifically agreed in advance, any scripts, cgi applications or software written by HiSOFT remain the copyright of HiSOFT and may only be commercially reproduced or resold with the express permission of HiSOFT.
- HiSOFT cannot take responsibility for any copyright infringements caused by materials submitted by you for inclusion on the Website. We reserve the right to refuse any material of a copyrighted nature unless adequate proof is given of permission to use such material.
- Any additions to the original order will be carried out at the discretion of HiSOFT.
- You agree, as soon as is reasonably possible after placing the Order, to make available to HiSOFT all materials required to complete the work to the agreed standard and within the agreed time-scale.
- HiSOFT will not be liable or become involved in any disputes between you and your clients and we cannot be held responsible for any wrongdoing on your part.
- HiSOFT will not be liable for any costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the unavailability of the site, its servers or software.
Database, Application and E-Commerce Development
- HiSOFT cannot take responsibility for any losses incurred by the use of any software created for you. Whilst every care has been taken to ensure products are problem free and accurate, the ultimate responsibility lies with you to ensure that all software is functioning correctly before use.
- You are expected to test fully any website developed by HiSOFT before it is made generally available for use. Where errors or other issues are found after the site is live, HiSOFT will endeavour (but is not obliged) to correct these issues to meet the standards of function outlined in the order.
- HiSOFT will endeavour to ensure that any website or application designed by HiSOFT will function correctly on the server it is initially installed on and that it will function correctly when viewed with popular web browsers. HiSOFT can offer no guarantees of correct functionality with all browsers.
- Although HiSOFT will do its utmost to maintain the continuous operation of its web servers, HiSOFT cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of these servers including but not limited to loss of turnover, loss of sales, loss of revenue revenue, loss of profits or indirect, consequential or special loss.
- HiSOFT reserves the right to refuse to handle, in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial and also to terminate its hosting service should such material be found to exist on the Website.
Costs – Initial and Renewals
- All our website hosting packages include the initial registration of a .co.uk or .com domain name and its ongoing renewal – we do not generally sell domain names without an attached hosting package. Prices are quoted depending on the client's needs and expectations and start from £99 per year, inc VAT for basic hosting.
- Renewal of your domain name is included in the hosting price and, as such, will occur automatically – we will not normally send out reminders about domain name renewal. Should you wish to cancel or transfer your domain please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; we will respond within 5 working days.
Payment of Accounts
- A deposit may be required from you before any work is carried out. It is HiSOFT's policy that any outstanding accounts for work carried out by HiSOFT are required to be paid in full, no later than 30 days from the date of the invoice unless by prior arrangement with HiSOFT.
- Once a deposit is paid and work completed you are obliged to pay the balance of payment in full. We will contact you via email and telephone to remind you of such payments if they are not received when due.
Response to Emails
- Should you have any question regarding our services, either specifically or generally, you can contact us at any time via email@example.com and we guarantee to respond within five working days, often more quickly.
- If you experience a problem with the web service provided by HiSOFT or the content or functioning of any website designed by HiSOFT you should raise the matter by contacting us directly, giving sufficient information to locate the problem and clearly outlining the grounds for complaint. We will then investigate immediately and respond within five working days.
Formal complaints procedure
- The formal complaints procedure should only be used where the complainant feels that the nature of the complaint is too serious to be dealt with informally, or where a satisfactory conclusion has not been reached after following the informal procedure.
A formal complaint should be made in writing to HiSOFT; we will acknowledge receipt and ensure that the matter is investigated as soon as possible.
An initial response to any complaint can be expected within five working days of its receipt; a full and considered response to the complaint should be completed within 30 days and any subsequent remedy implemented with the minimum of delay.