Acceptable Use Policy
This policy is subject to change and it is your responsibility to check the policy regularly for updates. This policy together with HiSOFT's General Terms & Conditions form the Agreement between the Customer ("You") and HiSOFT ("We"/"Us") ("the Agreement").
- We reserve the right to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all Services provided by Us, where We decide that the account has been inappropriately used. We reserve the right to refuse Services and/or access to its servers to anyone.
2. Customer obligations
- You will keep full security copies of your computer programs data base and computer records on a daily basis or more frequently if required by best computing practice;
- You will obtain the consent of individuals whose personal data are to be held on the register of the Naming Organisation and promptly notify Us of any changes to your registered details including (but not limited to):- (a) Your name and address; (b) name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone and fax number of the technical contact and administrative contact for your domain name(s) and to provide such information within 15 days of a request for such information from Us.
- You will keep confidential all passwords received from Us for the purpose of the Services and notify Us immediately upon becoming aware that a password has become known to an unauthorised third party.
3. Use of the Services
- You will only make use of the Services for a legitimate and lawful purpose.
- You will complete your own tests for computer viruses in accordance with best computing practice prior to each and every operational use of the Services.
- You will ensure your home page contains your full name and address and will allow Us to access your home page to check for any infringements of your obligations under this Policy.
- You will ensure that your website complies at all times with all relevant laws and obligations in any territory in which You are situated or in which your website may be accessed or made available. You must also obtain any relevant consents and approvals for the installation and use of any third party equipment or software. We will have no liability under this Agreement for your failure to comply with any such relevant laws or obligations or do not obtain such consents or approvals.
4. Unacceptable Use of the Services
- You will not send, transmit, make available, copy, retransmit, broadcast or publish (whether directly or indirectly) in whatever form any data, information or contractual rights, material or statement which infringes the Intellectual Property Rights or contractual or statutory rights of any person or legal entity or the laws or statutory regulations relating to defamation, contempt, blasphemy, infringement of privacy or personal data rights and any equivalent or related laws in any territory in which they are or may be accessed or made available;
- You will not use the Services to obtain or offer or permit to be offered for profit or otherwise any material, images, displays or services which are offensive, illegal or immoral or which are in breach of any legal obligation.
- You will not use the Services to obtain or offer or permit to be offered for profit or otherwise any material, images, displays or services which contain any adult material. Adult material includes all pornography; or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of 'adult material' is left entirely to the discretion of Us.
- You will not arrange your home page(s) in a way that leads to a risk of or causes an excessive load on the server provided by Us in connection with the Services;
- You understand that if You exceed the relevant data transfer volume applicable to specified Services you will be liable to pay additional charges as may vary from time to time for the data transfer volume exceeding the agreed level in the specified Service.
- You will not use the Services in a manner which infringes any third party's copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- You must ensure that any use of Our Services by You or any other authorised account user, are not knowingly or negligently used for i.e. creating, transmitting, exceeding the quota limit, publishing or uploading any electronic material (including, without limit, files that contain viruses, corrupted files, Trojans or any other similar software or program) which is known or likely to cause, interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of Our services or any other Internet user or person.
- You must ensure that any end-user submitted content such as forum posts or chat room entries meet with the standards defined within this Policy.
- We will determine, at our own discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of Our Services. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take any such action as deemed appropriate in accordance with section 1 of this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Agreement upon which you are permitted to use Our Services, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Our Services;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal or archiving of any content in breach of this Acceptable Use Policy uploaded to Our servers;
- issue of a warning to You;
- issue of legal proceedings against You for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against You; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as We consider to be reasonably necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited and We may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
6. Contact Information
We are happy to answer any questions You may have regarding Our Services. Please note that any discussions with Us are treated in strictest confidence, so We may need to ask You security questions to confirm that We are speaking to the right person.
Your right to privacy is very important to Us. We recognise that when You choose to provide Us with information about yourself, You trust that We will act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help Us provide You with a better Service. That's why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information which you can read by clicking on the link below.
Please note: by signing up for any of our Services You agree to be bound by all HiSOFT's terms and conditions which form the Agreement between You and Us.